Faith-Based Dating

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Want to Change the World? Then Change Yourself.

I work in a very diverse office. People there came from countries in Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, & the Middle East. They all lament the corruption that exists in their home countries. This brings to mind a story which my aunt told me about my uncle, who also lived in another country where corruption is common. He was an officer in the military. One day, he took a wrong turn and was cited by a cop for some traffic violation. Usually, when the offender is a military officer, the cop would let you go. If you were not an officer, then you get a ticket. When the cop checked my uncle's ID and discovered he was an army officer, he tried to let my uncle go without a citation. But my uncle was a man with integrity. He told the cop "I broke a traffic rule, so give me the ticket and I'll pay the fine." Imagine what would happen if each individual changed his/her behavior & acted with honesty and integrity. Want to change the world? Then start with yourself.

Recommended Books

I highly recommend the books featured below. These would also make wonderful gifts for any occasion: Birthdays, Mothers' Day, Father's Day, Graduation, Confirmation, Christmas & Retirement. If interested, click on the image of the book that you want. This will take you to Amazon.com's website. So take a break, and enjoy shopping. You deserve it.
The ABC's of Choosing a Good Husband, by Stephen Wood: This book gives you new & uncommon advice, to greatly increase your chances of finally finding "Mr. Right."
Perfectly Yourself, by Matthew Kelly: This book helps you discover what you're really meant to be in life, in order to be truly happy.
The Purpose Driven Life, by Rick Warren: This book helps restore meaning into your life by revealing your life's purpose.
Attitude is Everything, by Keith Harrell: This book helps change your attitude int0 a winning attitude, in order to achieve personal fulfillment.
A Biblical Defense of Catholicism, by Dave Armstrong: This book compiles the evidence found by this Protestant Scripture scholar in his 20-year quest for the true Bible-based church.